Sunday, January 11, 2009

All The Way From The Bonnie Isles!

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey guys! So after re-setting my password after being able to forget it in the space of a week, and after following all the links and terms and conditions and blah dee blah I finally managed to find my way here!

I guess I've been keeping in contact with a couple of you guys over facebook but this feels nicer, I like it here in this little corner of the internet, so I guess I'll let you all know here how it's been going here across the atlantic.

Well, Chelsea gave me a lowdown of her general schedual (i.e.: 5 animation assigmants, 2-way dialogues :O:O:O:O:O!!!) and I don't know whether to be envious or not. For the next three weeks I've to animate an 8-10 second sting for the eca grad show in June, attend one two-hour lecture once a week on the history of animation (including a talk on anime in week 4, woop woop!) a four hour life drawing class and... that's it. I feel rather redundant, I have more free time than I know what to do with and no Darran-like tutors to fill my little head with fantastic animation knowledge. Granted I've lots of time to hang out with my friends here but I do kinda miss that desperately full schedual I had back at Emily Carr. And all you guys as well :(
Chelsea told me of the people in her colab group, it made me a wee bit sad cause I would love to have been in amongst you all for that :(

But its not all bad, the sting is fun to do and I have the time to enjoy doing it and at the end of the day its good to be home. Still, you guys gotta keep me in the loop, so we can compare footnotes and all that jazz! Oh and Toni, you gotta let me know how the deep south is treating you :P

Thats about all Ive got to update you guys with just now, you all have fun and dont stress too hard!

Claire x

6 comments:

Zed Last said...

HAHAHA We're on the same landmass!

Classes seem so much... looser here. Less structured, yeah? I feel like I'm not sure what to do right now, and also the keyboards are weird so it's throwing me off.

And also I am similarily jealous of their super pimp group. I MISS YOU ALL.

But you know, time zones ftw amirite?

anon said...

Hey Claire! Good to hear from you! I still have a few photos to post up soon once I get my scanner's cable back. More hilarious photostickers to come.

Glad you're having a good time at home! This semester's going pretty well so far, even though it's only been a week. Kind of a mixed bag; we'll see how it turns out.

If you're bored, you can always just log into Moodle and do some more animation assignments from Darren's class on the sly! Eh? Eh??? Or, just put in 300% the effort needed in your projects now. Be sure to post some here or elsewhere so we can see what you're up to!

And Toni; yow! Good to hear you made it okay! Tell us all about the weird no structure structure. I'm curious.

It's also 4:30am and I should probably sleep now- later!

Claire said...

Toni: I know exactly what you mean about the looseness, it's just like that up here at eca. And it is very cool to be sharing a landmass with you yet again! Hope the people are treating you well and that your settling down okay. I don't know what I could do exactly, but feel free to ask for help or advice about anything at any time. And our keyboards arn't weird, yours are :P

Steph: I have soooooo many photos still to post up on facebook of my precious last few days in Canada but by laptops gone to buggery and I keep forgetting to bring in camera/cable to college... I wil be sure to post the end results of my first couple weeks labour when I can as well. It involves a cannon shooting a pineapple... Did I already say that? I can't quite remember... :O

Euthanasian said...

Great to see you on board here, Claire! And happy that we can keep in contact with this little space on our interwebz too!

I must ask... Resident Evil: Degeneration. Have you heard much about it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBCIN5ld8BQ

I have to say, I don't like how badass Leon has become because now it makes Claire seem super-normal...

Claire said...

IIIIIIIII havent seen RE: Degeneration yet no, but I plan to buy it very very soon. I would agree with you on the Leon thing if he hadn't previously been such a loveable ponce in RE4. He does look very forwny in the youtube clips however... Gotta admit, it causes me to have a little lame geeky crush on him becuase of that. Perhaps if your sooooper nice to Steph she'll burn you a copy, the sly blonde had it downloaded before it had even been releaded your side of the world.

anon said...

LOL @ "lovable ponce."